Section files are now available for the forthcoming paper:
On the classical hyper-energy field equations governing all aspects of big bang cosmology.
(Styled for Phys. Rev. D15)
INTRODUCTION: (Last updated February 23, 2005)
The present crisis in fundamental science.
In his 1998 book, What Remains to be Discovered,  Sir John Maddox, past editor of Nature for 23 years, calls attention to “the present crisis in fundamental science" which stems from the 65 year old incompatibility of general relativity theory with quantum theory, and the related 40 year old problem of big bang cosmology (BBC). According to Maddox, this crisis has been calling, with increasing clarity and anxiety, for “a new physics, regulated by principles not yet imagined”, [1, p. 21] that will introduce itself in the following three ways: [1, pp. 98-120]
But Maddox carefully distinguishes between the possibility of merely discovering such a new physics, which could eventually lead to a mathematically well formulated theory of everything (TOE), and the less likely possibility of discovering a fully formulated (TOE). [1, p.21] This belief is supported by Steven Weinberg's perception of the quest for fundamental theorists, which he stated in his 1986 Dirac Memorial Lecture on “The Final Laws of Physics.” Namely:
- By the readily quantizable description of gravity which it provides.
- By the deeper understanding of space, time, and matter, which it provides in doing so, the need for which is “now self evident.”
- By its intrinsic suitability for modeling all aspects of big bang cosmology.
...“To look for a simple set of physical principles, which have about them the greatest sense of inevitability, and from which everything we know about physics can, in principle, be derived,” not discounting the prediction of his colleague John Wheeler; that, “when we eventually know the final laws of physics, it will surprise us that they weren't obvious from the beginning.” 
Matching milestones of the new physics that is systematically derived in this paper.
In this paper I take pains to first delineate a driving energy principle which has about it the greatest sense of inevitability, and from which I systematically derive the general mathematical qualifications of a system of classical hyper-dimensional field equations which appear to be suitable for addressing all aspects of big bang cosmology. The inevitability of this driving energy principle stems from the fact that it is merely a consolidation of two energy principles which were unveiled, separately, by two of the world’s most productive fundamental theorists, about 100 and 140 years ago, respectively: I am referring to:
Maxwell left the mathematical development of his space-energy theory of gravity (as I call it) to future theorists, saying:
- Albert Einstein’s celebrated 1905 unification of field-particle energy and mass; which endowed energy with a previously unappreciated substantiveness, ubiquity, and fluidity.
- James Clerk Maxwell’s overlooked 1865 energy theory of space and gravity; which revealed that the “attractive” interaction of electrically neutral matter results naturally from a mass induced decrease of a relatively enormous energy density, e/o, that characterizes and delimits the physical space of this universe. [4-5]
It may therefore be encouraging to note that, with the depth, breadth, and precision of today’s knowledge and tools of thought, an embryonic view of the final laws of physics is systematically derived by simply following the physical implications of Maxwell’s e/o-continuum, concordant with the modern understanding that all subatomic field-particles are characterized by a unifying substantive energy, called mass-energy. Which means, following the physical implications of a Substantive Space-Energy (SSE) postulate, which states that:
- “As I am unable to understand in what way a medium can possess such properties [as e/o], I cannot go any further in this direction in searching for the cause of gravitation." [4-5]
Contrary to the empty-space paradigm which has prevailed
for the last century; effectively asserting that eo = 0, the
expanding and superficially empty space of this universe is actually a
distribution of an explosively created substantive
energy, called substantive space-energy
(SSE), whose density, eo, is greater than the largest
possible 3-volume density of substantive matter-energy.
From this SSE postulate I proceed to systematically derive:
- In Sections (II and III): A deeper and more practical Lorentz invariant understanding of what is meant by space, time, matter, and particle inertia, covering special relativity completely and giving an intuitively gratifying fluid dynamic structure to Maxwell's qualitative gravity theory.
- In Sections (IV and V), by utilizing the (1 + 3)-dimensional tensor mathematics of general relativity: A readily quantizable fluid-energy description of gravity that covers a crucial part of general relativity theory. Thereby revealing that the physics of substantive energy, no less than the physics of electromagnetism, can be mathematically formulated by borrowing whatever is needed from the now 350 year mature nonlinear field theory of compressible fluid dynamics. With regard to the desired greatest sense of inevibility, this has two things to commend it:
- It formally explains the surprising discovery (circa 1965) of a fusion of quantum field theory and hydrodynamics, which came at a time when the quantum gravity problem was 25 years old. 
- It provides a much needed basis of legitimacy for the subsequent joint recommendation of two major physics institutions ; that, in essence, students seeking answers to their most elementary questions about nature would do well to consider developing a nonlinear fluid dynamic model of gravity, knowing full well, but without explicitly mentioning it, that that would require the student to defend a set of princples which cover the (e/o = 0) theories of special and general relativity.
- In Sections (VI thru IX), by extrapolation to (1 + p > 3)-dimensions: A fluid hyper-energy physics which appears to be intrinsically well suited for modeling all aspects of big bang cosmology, thereby provisionally vindicating Einstein's belief in a classical TOE.
- In Section X: The strong possibility that the field-particle system is conditionally open to a permanent form of vibrational hyper-dimensional energy, called hyper-energy, which is physically coupled to our rich energy-space and field-particles as a literal hyperflow of an ordering field that can be realistically interpreted as field-particle or mass-energy time. Raising the question, can this new found physical flow of time be tapped to create revolutionary forms of low pollution power and propulsion?
- Overall: A 30 year upgrade to my original 24 page disclosure. 
 Sir John Maddox, What Remains to be Discovered, (The Free Press, 1998), pp. 98-120.
 Steven Weinberg, "Towards the final laws of physics," in Elementary Particles and the Laws of Physics, The 1986 Dirac Memorial Lectures, (Cambridge University Press, 1987,8,9), pp. 63,4.
 R. E. Var, "On a New Mathematical Framework for Fundamental Theoretical Physics," Foundations of Physics, Vol. 5, No. 3, Sept. 1975, pp. 407-431.
 Cyril Domb, "James Clerk Maxwell---100 years later," Nature, Vol. 282, November 1979. p. 239.
 James Clerk Maxwell, "A Dynamical Theory of the Electromagnetic Field," Phil. Trans. 155, 1865, pp. 459-512, p. 492-3.
 D. V. Skobel’tsyn, Editor, “Quantum Field Theory and Hydrodynamics,” (Vol. 29 of the Trudy Proceedings of the P. N. Lebedev Physics Institute. English Translation by Consultants Bureau, New York, 1967).
 The Executive Committee of the Division of Fluid Dynamics, American Physical Society, and the American Institute of Physics Education and Manpower Office, in R. J. Emrich, et. al., "Teaching of Physics of Fluids in U.S. Colleges and Universities", Am. J. Phys., Vol. (36), No. (10), October 1968.
In Sections I through XI, three increasingly comprehensive, classical
gauge-field theories (GFT1-3) are derived and shown to:
File Download Options (for the currently available Abstract through Section VI)
- GFT1: Cover Special Relativity Theory and Maxwellian Gravity.
- GFT2: Provide a Readily Quantizable Einstein-Maxwell Gravity Theory.
- GFT3: Introduce The General Principles and Field Equations of Hyper-energy Theory.
The following file options are provided to accommodate the different user download capabilities and preferences. Right Click to Download PDF and/or Zipped PDF files. Left Click to view PDF files.
The remaining sections (VII thru XI) describing qualitative applications of Hyper-energy Theory to:
are Company/(HyperSpace Solutions) Proprietory.
- Big bang cosmology
- The origin and structures of massive and massless particles
- The quantum and classical characteristics of particle interactions
- Revolutionary, pollution-free methods of power generation, propulsion, and communication
Robert E. Var, President
130 Sheffield Road